Precision Sub-Contract engineers Established in 1928 specialising in the machining of automotive components specialist fastenings and lifting equipment.
Starting out as a repair garage, we soon built up a reputation for high quality repairs, including complete new coachwork for private Rolls-Royce cars.
During the 1940s we manufactured various components for the Rolls-Royce Merlin and Griffon engines, production for the aero industry continued after the war mostly using cam auto machines at this period of time we shortly realized that we needed to move with the times and invest in new technology.
By 1951 we had outgrown our original factory in Whitney on Wye which led to us moving to the Centre of Hay-On-Wye.
Improved machines and production disciplines were introduced.
During this period quicker modern automatics were introduced and improved milling machines.
We then started investing heavily introducing CNC mills and lathes in the 1980s.
In 1998 we moved to our current purpose built 14,500sqft premises currently employing 35 skilled employees on the outskirts of Hay-On-Wye.
This allowed us to invest heavily in the latest CNC manufacturing technology, machines capable of working unmanned full lights out production whilst giving us more space to hold stock material and components for clients.
Some of our latest acquisitions being sliding head technology 3rd axis fixed head technology and we’ve been keen to replace old fluorescent lights with LEDs to save both carbon and money also investing in newly improved work holding solutions and greater skill sets through our apprenticeship scheme.